Goodbye 2017. You’ve been so fab.
As we say goodbye to 2017, it is a perfect time reflect on a gigantically huge year. Personally, I’m wondering how so much could have happened in just under 365 days?
We’ve grown as a team and service offering from (not) just Jodie and I working on digital strategy and market research in the humble home office to having a supersonic team of 5 marketing unicorns that deliver a range of projects for our clients on an ongoing basis. We’ve moved out of that spare bedroom to a fantastic co-working space for a couple of months, to now having our own a-mazing sparkly new office on King Street. We’ve got digital screens. We’ve got cork boards. We’ve got whiteboards. We’ve got chalkboards. Visual thinkers perhaps?? Soooo much space for creative thinking and we love it! We’re going to be hosting a little soiree in the new year and can’t wait to show our clients and TMM family our new home.
Some highlights from our action-packed year include:
- Lyndel, Amanda and Kian joining the team. Yay! 🙂 They bring new skills, new thinking, tonnes of experience and a huge amount of passion and commitment to TMM
- Having a solid network of brilliant and creative contractors and freelancers to help us deliver super sh*t-hot work for our clients
- Achieving my first Director’s position on the Board of the Hunter Manufacturing Awards
- Becoming a member of the Hunter Business Chamber and Newcastle Now
- Judging the Digital Marketing and Social Media category of the national Australian Marketing Institute awards
- Hosting a series of learning events titled Digital Marketing in Manufacturing for AusIndustry, under the Federal Government, Department of Industry Innovation and Science Innovation and Entrepreneur’s Programme. Events were held in Newcastle, Central Coast and Port Macquarie
- Seeing our fantastic clients achieve great success – including:
- McLanahan Corporation winning Excellence in Export of Manufactured Goods for their diversification strategy focused on increasing their presence in the agricultural equipment market in China – Hunter Manufacturing Awards. TMM played a significant role in this one customising the message for the China market, working with a Chinese-national agency to build a website specifically for the market, implementing a social media strategy and assisting with their marketing intelligence
- The awesome Ben Dewson of Holistic Training, Holistic Security and 5 Sawyers winning Young Business Executive of the Year at the Hunter Business Chamber Awards
- The one-of-a-kind estate agent Cathy Baker, from Belle Property Killcare and Wamberal being awarded No. 7 Principal – Belle Property Australia
- Launching amazing new websites for The Advitech Group and saberVox Cloud Solutions
- Ringing that fantastic Beep Bicycle Bell “we won a new project” bell loud, proud and often – including the pitch for a centennial campaign for one of Newcastle’s most iconic manufacturers – keep an eye out in early 2018 – as well as a project that has seen TMM develop a comprehensive marketing strategy for a tier one Australian university!
- An awesome year of inspiration and hustle-hard-motivation from the bestest mentors: Lorraine Murphy, author of Remarkability and founder of the super successful influencer marketing consultancy The Remarkables Group as well as my local innovation guru and number one supporter Christina Gerakiteys through the Newcastle Business Centre’s Women in Business Mentoring Program
- Giving back to our amazing community through a number of start-up workshops, guest-lecturing at The University of Newcastle, contributing to The Grateful Flower program (sending flowers weekly to those that need a boost of joy at The John Hunter Hospital) and making a number of charitable donations on behalf of the business.
AND – while all of this has been sooooo great, 2018 is already looking super bright.
We have two new starters joining our team in January, we are doubling down on efforts to improve efficiencies, create growth for our clients and add a little sparkle everywhere we possibly can!
2018. Bring it.
If you are looking to grow your business in 2018, The Measured Marketer would love to chat about the future with you in the new year and work out all the ways we can add value to what you are doing.
Still not 100% sure or want a little more strategic help with your marketing? That’s what we do!
Contact me (Jacqui Daley) and the team: (02) 4989 6000 or email: email@example.com