Marketing and Engagement Plan and Digital Strategy Development
CLIENT: Posh Foods
OFFERING: A range of fresh pies, sausage rolls, quiches, filos, lasagnes, as well as hand-made pates marketed under the Posh Pate™ brand
OBJECTIVE: Relaunch the retail Posh Pate™ offering in the Australian domestic market
- The retail pate market in Australia is a hugely-niche product category
- The market is polarised over pate – people either love it or they hate it
- Pate has suffered from a range of challenges in its history in Australia including bad publicity, a poor understanding of how it is made, health scares, inexperience with offal, and inferior product offerings
- Australian cooking icon Maggie Beer has a range of pates putting all new entrants head-to-head with the ultimate brand ambassador.
- Detailed understanding of the retail pate space: data gathered on perceptions, the triggers and barriers to purchase, and the appeal of the Posh Pate™ offering
- Updated branding and packaging: existing Posh Pate™ brand evolved to a more modern, ‘artisanal’ presentation. Packaging re-worked to support the visual presentation of the intricate and appealing glaze on the product
- Creation of new imagery: visual presentation of the product re-created, with a styled photoshoot to expand appeal to a younger, ‘foodie’ audience
- Optimisation of website: updated branding, photography, layout and messaging applied to the Posh Pate™ site
- Input into product development: portion size redeveloped to better suit ‘grazing boards’ and combat issues relating to wastage. Potential pate flavour combinations were also tested.
For a more detailed overview of the project, please refer to our blog post